Are you interested in taking a trip in your RV or motor home? Hiking and camping are the perfect combination as you blend the fresh sights and sounds of nature, a bit of adventure, exercise, and quality time away from work and distractions.
Although it is nice to know that hiking and camping are the perfect combination, you may be wondering exactly why that is. If you are, you will find that there are various reasons as to why hiking and camping are the perfect fit for each other and the perfect way to spend your next vacation.
- Hiking parks, especially large popular ones, often have their own onsite campgrounds.
- Most public campground parks have at least one or two hiking trials on them.
- Children of all ages, as well as adults, enjoy both camping and hiking, making it a safe, inclusive activity for all skill levels.
- The cost of hiking and camping is inexpensive or free.
- Breathing outside causes a release of serotonin from the extra oxygen. Your body can function with less strain when there’s plenty of oxygen.
- Free of technology and distraction, you are free to socialize. Socializing can extend your lifespan and delay memory problems according to research published in the American Journal of Public Health.
- Time in the sunlight can even out the levels of melatonin in your brain, the chemical that makes you feel tired and can induce feelings of depression. By camping and hiking, you can enjoy better overall moods.
- You’re soaking in Vitamin D, which allows your body to absorb calcium and phosphorous.
- Hiking improves cardiovascular health, muscle strength, bone density, sleep quality, and weight control.
- You need little equipment to get started. Just strap on some shoes and an all natural sun block, and head outside!
Tell us in the comments your favorite benefit to camping or hiking- or both!